Palm Beach's Wealthiest Make Forbes 400 List of Filthy-Rich People
Forbes.com released its list of the 400 People Who Have So Much More Money Than You, It's Really Not Even Funny List for 2013, and Palm Beach residents are all over that thing.
In all, 27 rich Palm Beachers made Forbes' list, including the Koch Twins.
David Koch, the 73-year-old executive vice president of Koch Industries and South Florida's richest dude, obviously made the list. He also added $5 billion to his net worth of $36 billion, which buys you a lot of Pop-Tarts, if you really, really love Pop-Tarts.
Twin bro William, an energy magnate and investor, is worth $3.8 billion. So he too made the list.
HIGH FIVE, KOCH BROS!
Jack Taylor, who owns Enterprise Rent-a-Car, is also high on the list with a net worth of $11.4 billion. He's also 91, basically making him the Mr. Burns of Palm Beach County.
In other words, Forbes is telling America what we already know. Palm Beach is rich, yo!
The Palm Beach Post compiled a list of all 27 that appear on the Forbes 400 list:
- Financier Stephen Schwarzman, 66, with $7.7 billion, in 54th place
- Cosmetics mogul Leonard Lauder, 80, with $7.6 billion, in 56th place
- Discount broker Thomas Peterffy, 68, with $6.4 billion, in 65th place
- Real estate mogul, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, 73, with $4.8 billion, in 94th place
- Investor Henry Kravis, 69, with $4.7 billion, in 95th place
- Sports teams owner Malcolm Glazer, 85, with $4.5 billion, in 102nd place
- Hedge funder Ken Griffin, 44, with $4.4 billion, in 103rd place
- Tire mogul Bruce Halle, 83, also with $4.4 billion, also in 103rd place
- Cosmetics executive Ronald Lauder, 69, with $3.7 billion, in 130th place
- Media personality, real estate investor Donald Trump, 67, with $3.5 billion, in 134th place
- Medical equipment heir Ronda Stryker, 59, with $3 billion, in 166th place
- New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, 72, with $2.9 billion, in 184th place
- Investor George Lindemann, 77, with $2.8 billion, in 193rd place
- Marvel Entertainment owner Isaac Perlmutter, 70, with $2.7 billion, in 201st place
- Real estate titan Alfred Taubman, 89, also with $2.7 billion, also in 201st place
- Investor Wilbur Ross, Jr., 75, with $2.6 billion, in 209th place
- Real estate investor Jeff Greene, 58, with $2.4 billion, in 235th place
- Slim-Fast founder S. Daniel Abraham. 89, with $1.9 billion, in 296th place
- Conair founder Leandro Rizzuto, 75, also with $1.9 billion, also in 296th place
- Money manager Ron Baron, 70, with $1.7 billion, in 327th place
- Hedge fund head Glenn Dubin, 56, also with $1.7 million, also in 327th place
- Investor Nelson Peltz, 71, with $1.5 billion, in 352nd place
- Netscape founder James Clark, 69, with $1.4 billion, in 371st place
- Medical equipment heir Jon Stryker, 55, also with $1.4 billion, also in 371st place
- Money manager Mario Gabelli, 71, with $1.35 billion, in 382nd place
You can see the entire list here.
And then you can cry yourself to sleep.
Unless you're on the list.
Then you can cry yourself to sleep on your jewel-encrusted bed.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.