Pill-Mill Schemer Vincent Colangelo Bought 49 Cars, at Least Seven Cheesy Mustangs
Yesterday, we told you about Vincent Colangelo, the Fort Lauderdale pill-mill owner who was sentenced to 20 years in the clink. Before he was arrested, however, he was living the high life: The federal government seized millions of dollars in cash and accounts from Colangelo and his co-conspirators and properties worth $2.5 million, including an Okeechobee trailer park.
Also confiscated, according to court documents: 49 cars, almost all of them belonging to Colangelo. The formerly bemulleted dealer used the money to buy classic cars and several cars that aren't exactly classics -- including at least seven Ford Mustangs and four Dodge Vipers.
Here's a partial list, organized by date of purchase, that might help you visualize how lucrative it is to sell opioids to addicts as fast as you can get them in the door. (Spoiler alert: You can make enough money to buy four cars in a month.)
- 05/29/09: 1999 Dodge Viper. Cost: $39,300
- 09/29/09: 2002 Dodge Viper. Cost: $47,354
- 10/08/09: 2008 Ford Mustang. Cost: $32,633
- 11/18/09: 1966 Chevrolet Corvette. Cost: $70,000
- 02/22/10: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. Cost: $55,250
- 03/02/10: 1970 Plymouth Barracuda. Cost: $68,500
- 03/15/10: 1970 Ford Mustang. Cost: $54,000
- 03/21/10: 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1. Cost: $42,000
- 03/30/10: 1992 Acura NSX. Cost: $82,595
- 04/23/10: 2007 Ford Mustang. Cost: $43,000
- 04/27/10: 2005 Ford Mustang. Cost: $22,500
- 05/05/10: 2010 Ford Mustang. Cost: $68,000
- 05/24/10: 1930 Ford "Classic Car." Cost: $68,000
- 07/02/10: 2010 Dodge Viper. Cost: $117,054
- 07/13/10: 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. Cost: $334,769
- 09/20/10: 2010 Dodge Viper. Cost: $120,200
- 10/19/10: 2007 Ford Mustang. Cost: $39,523
- 11/10/10: 1973 Plymouth. Cost: $27,000
- 11/15/10: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro. Cost: $55,000
Aaaand his indictment:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.
- Proposed Law Will "Bring an End to Greyhound Racing in Florida" and Kill Jobs, Racing...
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 18, 7:30pm
- Needle Exchange Program for Heroin Users Could Start if Law Passes
- Fort Lauderdale Will Be "More Vanilla" as Makers Square Closes Due to City Codes