Quiz: Broward City Motto or Communist Propaganda Slogan?
As it's a holiday week, and you probably want to play games with your loved ones, we're taking a break from our usual substantive blogging to offer you a fun quiz.
Many Broward County municipalities have lofty mottos that seem a little too grand for the general apathy and lack of civic engagement that they conceal. Communist countries, on the other hand, have a long and storied tradition of forcing civic engagement through propaganda. So naturally, there's a little give and take.
The list continues after the jump. Hover or click on the links to see the answers. Nastrovya!
- "Preserving our rural lifestyle"
"Let's conquer space!"
- "Every day life is getting better!"
- "The grass is greener"
"Staff makes all the difference"
- "Environmentally proud"
"Giving beyond the expected"
- "We care"
- "Beauty and progress"
"Engaged, inspired, united!"
- "To catch up and get ahead"
"Serve the people"
- "Without pity, we'll decimate and obliterate the enemy!"
How'd you do? Challenge your friends and sign up to volunteer with your local municipality! Onward, to greatness!
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.
- Five Ways Donald Trump and JFK Are Totally Alike
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 18, 7:30pm
- Sailing to Cuba Is a Hot Topic at the Miami Boat Show
- Proposed Law Will "Bring an End to Greyhound Racing in Florida" and Kill Jobs, Racing...