Rick Scott and Joe Abruzzo Challenge the NCAA to Arm Wrestling Match
The local personalities, egos, and public figures who swung through the news cycle this week, ranked by New Times' crack research department using a highly scientific algorithm (i.e. picnic, lightening.)
5. State Senator Joe Abruzzo. Whether he did it as some chest-bumpy PR move or because he's truly pissed about how the NCAA is treating University of Miami, Abruzzo is making some noise. In a letter addressed to AG Pam Bondi, the state senator asked for an investigation into the collegiate sports association's activities.
4. Rick Scott. It takes a bold man to stand up for his principals. It takes an even bolder one to take such a dramatic one-eighty in the public eye. A bold man, or a big douche.
3. Rico Petrocelli. Or is the true test of manhood when you realize it's time to get out while you're down . . . and pursue a life's dream of being a private detective?
2. The anti- Patricia Atkins-Grad Alliance. Things are getting even stranger out in Tamarac, where gaggle of community activists have been working Atkins-Grad out of her commissioner's seat following a corruption trial. With the pressure pouring in, she's gotten even more prickly on defense, unrolling some weird antics in public meetings and throwing the dreaded, deadly "B" word at a colleague. (Okay, it was "bitch." There we said it).
1. Pit bulls. Cause you know you just want to look at cut puppy photos anyway.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.
- Boca Body Art Tattoo Parlor Owner Accused of Sexual Assault
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- Fort Lauderdale Developer to Build 380-Unit, "Multifamily Project" Near New River
- John Morgan to Match Medical Marijuana Donations 9 to 1 For 2016 Ballot