South Florida Law Firm Takes Grief for Repping the Bad Guys
The implication there is that Greenberg Traurig, which has an office in Fort Lauderdale with 50 attorneys, isn't exactly wearing the white hat, as lawyers like to say.
Well, Eye on Miami might have a point. Among the things we've written about Greenberg Traurig over the years:
* Infamous political bad guy Jack Abramoff joined Greenberg Traurig in 2001, bringing to the firm his $8 million in annual lobbying work.
* Greenberg Traurig has lobbied for the Broward Sheriff's Office in its 11-year fight to ignore a $30 million court judgment that would pay the family of a kid severely injured in a car crash with a deputy.
There's lot's more. Check out Wikipedia's long entry for controversies associated with Greenberg Traurig.
Looking for a comment from Greenberg Traurig, I called Lourdes Brezo-Martinez, the firm's director of communications. I asked her about the fact that some people might conclude, as Eye on Miami did, that the firm represents a lot of bad people. She said she'd get back to me with a response.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.
- Boca Body Art Tattoo Parlor Owner Accused of Sexual Assault
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:00pm
Thu., Oct. 15, 7:30pm
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
- Fort Lauderdale Developer to Build 380-Unit, "Multifamily Project" Near New River
- John Morgan to Match Medical Marijuana Donations 9 to 1 For 2016 Ballot