South Florida Tea Party Back to Fax-Bombs, Now Asking John McCain Not to "Piss" on Them
In its second fax-bomb attempt in a matter of weeks, the South Florida Tea Party is asking its supporters to send a prewritten fax to Sen. John McCain of Arizona, requesting that the Maverick not urinate on them.
They're apparently not too happy with McCain, who said he agreed with a Wall Street Journal editorial that called Tea Party supporters "hobbits." Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky kind of thought it was cool to be called a hobbit, but not so much for the South Florida Tea Party -- that's why it's created the not-so-eloquently named DontPissOnMeMcCain.com.
"Yesterday you insulted the tea party movement by calling us 'tea party hobbits' and suggesting that we will be the cause for the reelection of President Obama," the prewritten fax says. "I never thought I would say this, but you are actually worse than Obama and reflect everything what is wrong in DC. Stop thinking about elections and special interests -- do your job!"
And just like the reference to "death panels" in the fax-bomb to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the McCain fax also blames the senator for the dreaded "Obamacare."
Last November the voters overwhelming voiced their opposition to Obamacare and the out of control spending in government. It has now gone over 800 days and still there is not a budget!
Our message is simple:
1. Stop playing into the hands of the Democrats and pushing short-term Continuing Resolutions. We need to develop a long-term strategy that guts the budget of excessive waste, so we can restore our nation to fiscal sanity.
2. Put an end to Obamacare by defunding it in its entirety; remove the $105.5 billion that's been appropriated to implement the law.
3. Keep your promise and do not increase the Debt Ceiling without serious cuts and plan for a Balanced Budget!
America is watching. Please do the right thing - Cut Spending Now and Defund Obamacare!
The subject line of the fax reads, "Don't go pissing down my back and tell me it's raining" and is CC'd to both House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Who knew there were so many fax machines in Mordor?
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Black Bear Hunting Could Become Legal in Florida This Summer
Fri., July 17, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., July 17, 8 p.m.
Sat., July 18, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., July 19, 5:05 p.m.
- Activists Plan Candlelight Vigil at Miami Seaquarium Executive's Home
- Fort Lauderdale Tech Company Helps New Mexico with Marijuana Sales