The Leopard Lamp Case/Comment Cleaner
I will have the second part of the Kim Rothstein interviews up tomorrow morning, but here's just a reminder of what was taken in the bankruptcy proceeding from the Rothstein home and other places:
- Twenty luxury cars, including three Ferraris, two Rolls-Royces, a Maserati, a Bentley, a Lamborghini, and three Corvettes. Also on the list is a 2009 Bugatti Veyron, touted as the most expensive street car available in the U.S. at about $1.7 million.
- Three accounts at Morocco's Banque Populaire that held about $15 million. Rothstein left for Morocco just before his investment scheme came under investigation but returned to Florida after several days incommunicado.
- More than $160,000 in political contributions to the state Democratic and Republican parties and individual candidates, including 's campaign for the and Democrat Alex Sink's campaign for governor. The contributions have already been returned.
- Charitable donations totaling $1.8 million to two hospitals.
- Rothstein's 50,000 shares of stock in Gibraltar Renato watch company, and the mansion formerly owned by fashion designer . and his business interests in several restaurants, the
- Water vessels including an 87-foot Warren yacht, a 33-foot Aquariva, and a 55-foot Sea Ray.
- Valuables including 304 pieces of
jewelry, a guitar collection worth up to $20,000, and 16 DuPont lighters that can retail for $500 to $1,000.
For the official list, click here. That 87-foot Warren yacht, by the way, was the Princess Kimberly, which she says was the only place her husband could truly relax and one of the few places they ever had any true quality time together.
One more tidbit: Kim says that after she filed the police complaint against RRA partner David Boden for allegedly taking items out of one of their homes, a "miraculous" thing happened.
Florida Launch vs. Chesapeake Bayhawks
TicketsSat., Jul. 15, 7:00pm
Florida Launch vs. Charlotte Hounds
TicketsSat., Jul. 22, 7:00pm
Intl. Champions Cup pres. by Heineken: Paris Saint-Germain v Juventus
TicketsWed., Jul. 26, 8:30pm
EL CLASICO MIAMI: Real Madrid CF v. FC Barcelona
TicketsSat., Jul. 29, 7:30pm
"Somehow things reappeared," she said. "Suddenly five boxes of my things appeared in their attorney's office. It was stuff like dishware, personal stuff, stuff that wasn't theirs."
Still missing: the famous leopard-skin lamp.
"It was a funky cool lamp; my cousin loved it -- it was her favorite lamp," Kim told me. "It's the case of the mysterious missing leopard lamp. They must have a thing for leopard stuff."
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.