Top Complaints From Floridians to State's Consumer Services Department
Floridians like to complain every once in a while -- like the 45,536 complaints sent by consumers sent to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services over the past year.
The agency today released a top-ten list of the most consumer complaints that came into their office during Florida's fiscal 2010-11.
Not surprisingly, the two most-complained-about problems were related to telemarketing:
- Do Not Call -- 12,345 complaints
- Telemarketing -- 10,416 complaints
- Credit/Banking -- 2,289 complaints
- Communications -- 2,267 complaints
- Motor Vehicle Repair -- 1,913 complaints
- Travel/Vacation Plans -- 1,682 complaints
- Real Estate Broker/Salesperson -- 1,532 complaints
- Landlord/Tenant -- 1,332 complaints
- Motor Vehicle Sales/Accessories -- 1,311 complaints
- Medical -- 854 complaints
The department says it closed or resolved just under 60 percent of those complaints and received 21 percent more complaints than it did the previous year.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Black Bear Hunting Could Become Legal in Florida This Summer
Fri., July 17, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., July 17, 8 p.m.
Sat., July 18, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., July 19, 5:05 p.m.
- Activists Plan Candlelight Vigil at Miami Seaquarium Executive's Home
- Fort Lauderdale Tech Company Helps New Mexico with Marijuana Sales