Top Complaints From Floridians to State's Consumer Services Department
Floridians like to complain every once in a while -- like the 45,536 complaints sent by consumers sent to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services over the past year.
The agency today released a top-ten list of the most consumer complaints that came into their office during Florida's fiscal 2010-11.
Not surprisingly, the two most-complained-about problems were related to telemarketing:
- Do Not Call -- 12,345 complaints
- Telemarketing -- 10,416 complaints
- Credit/Banking -- 2,289 complaints
- Communications -- 2,267 complaints
- Motor Vehicle Repair -- 1,913 complaints
- Travel/Vacation Plans -- 1,682 complaints
- Real Estate Broker/Salesperson -- 1,532 complaints
- Landlord/Tenant -- 1,332 complaints
- Motor Vehicle Sales/Accessories -- 1,311 complaints
- Medical -- 854 complaints
The department says it closed or resolved just under 60 percent of those complaints and received 21 percent more complaints than it did the previous year.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss New Times Broward-Palm Beach's biggest stories.