Top Five BSO Swag Bag Finds (Including Al Lamberti Sponge)
Yes, there's a Lamberti sponge.
Recently, I had the privilege of attending a meeting between local Muslim leaders and law enforcement officials.This heartwarming gathering, designed to improve relations between cops and South Florida's Muslim community, was hosted by the Broward Sheriff's Office. Therefore, everyone who attended got a free bag of BSO swag.
Never give a New Times reporter swag. Ethically, she is required to make fun of it. Hence, a list of the Top Five Best BSO Swag:
5. Sticky notes. Fluorescent-colored, contained in a book with the BSO logo stamped on the front.
4. Key chain. Nothing too exciting here, just a green star resembling a sheriff's badge. However, it does have the sheriff's office phone number on it, just in case.
Florida Panthers v Ottawa Senators
TicketsTue., Jan. 31, 7:30pm
Florida Panthers v Anaheim Ducks
TicketsFri., Feb. 3, 7:30pm
Florida Atlantic University Owls Men's Basketball vs. University of North Texas Mean Green Mens Basketball
TicketsThu., Feb. 9, 7:00pm
Florida Panthers v Los Angeles Kings
TicketsThu., Feb. 9, 7:30pm
3. Hand sanitizer. A convenient purse-sized spray bottle, also sporting the BSO logo. Fun to whip out at parties and demonstrate how easy it is to carry a Sheriff Al Lamberti memento in your pocket.
2. Sheriff Al Lamberti sponge. This appears to be a white piece of cardboard with Lamberti's name on it. But it contains instructions: "Dip in water -- see what happens." Voilà.The cardboard becomes a sponge, and Lamberti's name gets bigger.
1. Bounce house. This was not technically included in the swag bag, but BSO Sgt. Rudolph Nesbitt said the sheriff's office has a bounce house, which it provides free for community events. It's a crime prevention tool, Nesbitt explained. "We're not in the party business. With kids... you have to have something that's gonna grab their attention."
Get the Things to Do Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in South Florida.