Top Ten Miami Heat Moments of the 2013-14 Regular Season
Photo by Alex Broadwell
The 2013-14 NBA regular season finally came to an end Wednesday night, and the playoff matchups are all set.
The Heat will begin its quest for a third-straight title on Sunday when it hosts the Charlotte Bobcats at the American Airlines Arena at 3:30 p.m. (EST).
It's been a harrowing regular season for the defending champs, with Dwyane Wade missing a bunch of games and the Heat losing some frustrating games against subpar teams. It even had a chance to lock up the number-one seed in the East but stumbled down the stretch.
But none of that matters now. What matters is that the playoffs are a whole other animal. And it's time for the Heat to turn on the retro rockets and start obliterating its way through the competition to get back to the top of the mountain.
But before that, let's revisit the Top Ten moments of the regular season the Heat gave us on and off the court:
10. When Spo Made This Face
9. That Time LeBron Bought the Whole Team WWE Championship Belts
8. Mike Miller's Return ALL OF THE FEELS!
7. LeBron Takes Down Golden State at the Buzzer LeClutch! Ah-guh-guhh
6. The Videobombs!: 2013-14 Edition Remember when the Pacers tried doing their own video bombs this year? LOLOLOLOLO
5. The Michele Obama Videobomb
4. LeBron Destroys the Knicks in a Batman Mask
3. The Year of the Big Shot Bosh RAWR.
2. Wade Drops Mojoface on Lance If there was one play that epitomizes the Pacers' obsession with the Heat and the Heat's dismissive attitude toward them, it was this one.
1. LeBron Drops Franchise-Record 61 Points on Charlotte On March 3, LeBron not only plowed through the Charlotte Bobcats like a devastating masked cyclone of fire and brimstone; he also shattered the all-time Miami Heat single-game scoring record by dropping 61 points on the night, sending Glen Rice's 19-year-old mark off with the Viking burial it so deserved.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.