You Know You're From Lake Worth When...
The rainy season is upon us, and snowbirds are fleeing fast. To honor the hard-working natives who slog through the summer to make South Florida great, the Pulp is compiling jokes about them. Feel free to add your own.
First up, you know you're from Lake Worth when...
10. The first person you talk to in the morning is the homeless guy who sleeps in the Cultural Plaza downtown.
9. Your city commissioner runs a shop that sells dildos.
8. You look down on anyone who has fewer than four tattoos.
7. Justin Bieber earns the wrath of your favorite barkeep.
6. Once a year, you walk outside to find people painting with chalk in the streets.
Mmmm, hot dogs.
Photo by Christina Mendenhall
5. When you complain about "bridge traffic," you mean the assholes from Palm Beach.
4. Your Sunday routine includes both church and a drag show.
3. You buy your hot dogs from a food truck that reminds you of a school bus.
2. Your electric bill is a nightmare of creative accounting.
1. You're still here in August.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Charlotte's Web Medical Marijuana Strain Might Finally Be Distributed this Year
- Roger Stone Planning Run for Marco Rubio's Senate Seat
- Massive Pill-Mill Operation in Broward Leads to Eight Arrests