Ah, Valentine's: The one day of the year you are obliged to show the person you're with (whether short- or long-term) how much you care. If you fail to do so, you're going to be facing a major problem. Prepare yourself. NOW!
• Puppy Love: There's no better way to a lover's heart than through some laughter. Giggle the stress of Valentine's away with comedy troupe Sick Puppies. The group is hosting a 90-minute love-themed improv show at 9:30 p.m. at Showtime Performing Arts Theatre. Tickets cost $20 per person, $30 per couple, or $100 for a humane ticket that offers two reserved seats, with all proceeds benefiting the Tri-County Humane Society.
Showtime Performing Arts Theatre is located at 503 SE Mizner Blvd., Suite 73, in Boca Raton. Call 561-394-2626, or visit sickpuppiescomedy.com.
• An Evening Under the Moon: Ocean 2000 is offering a starlit dinner to put sweethearts in the mood for amore. In addition to oversized telescopes for astronomical gazing and an onsite psychic to forecast your love life for the rest of the year, the spot is offering a $90-per-person, multicourse, prix fixe menu with items like pan-seared foie gras, Blue Point oysters with Pacific flavors, bittersweet-chocolate mousse, and passion fruit panna cotta.
Ocean 2000 is located at 2000 N. Ocean Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-556-7667, or visit pelicanbeach.com/ocean2000.
• Valentine's Day Dinner at Bongos Cuban Café: For lovers looking to spice things up with the flavors and tunes of Old Havana, this Hard Rock Cuban restaurant is offering two special three-course prix fixe menu options for $39 and $49 per person. Each guest receives a complimentary glass of wine or Champagne, and every lady gets a red rose.
Bongos is located at 5733 Seminole Way in Hollywood. Call 954-791-3040, or visit bongoscubancafe.com.
• Valentine's Special -- Roseanna Vitro: Music is the language of the soul. Seduce your sweetheart to the sounds of esteemed jazz performer Roseanna Vitro at Arts Garage. Tickets cost $25 to $45 in advance, $5 more at the door.
Arts Garage is located at 180 NE First St. in Delray Beach. Call 561-243-7129, or visit delraybeacharts.org.
• Red Rose to Black Tie Valentine's Day Gala: If you're looking to pull out the red dress or black tie, the second-annual Red Rose to Black Tie Gala at the Old Davie Historical Museum is the perfect opportunity. For $28 per seat before February 12 and $35 afterward, guests get to enjoy food, dancing, Christian salsa, and live music from 7 to 11 p.m.
The Old Davie Historical Museum is located at 6650 Griffin Road in Davie. Visit... More >>>