15. Roasted Red Pepper Soup From Rosie's Bar & Grill
Photo by Misha Grosvenor
15. Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Rosie's Bar & Grill
Burgers, wraps, and plenty of kitsch are just a few things you'll find when you go to Rosie's Bar & Grill in Wilton Manors. Dishes with playful monikers like Rhoda Cowboy and Ivanna Hooker make it easy to overlook a soup with a name as unassuming as Roasted Pepper Soup. Don't let the name fool you; this soup is every bit as bold as its cheeky counterparts. Roasted red peppers commingle with crumbled, smoked Gouda cheese creating a creamy soup with a rich, smoky flavor. Add some crushed oyster crackers and you've got yourself a meal. The house-made, velvety soup is not on their regular menu so when you see it, do yourself a favor; skip the cup and go for the bowl.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Trader Joe's Fort Lauderdale Announces Grand Opening Date
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Burger Deals, Tap Takeovers, and...
- NFL 2015: Five South Florida Breweries Perfect for Football Season