16. Calamari and Squid Ink Paella from The Spaniard
Photo by Misha Grosvenor
16.Calamari and Squid Ink Paella from The Spaniard
Now that Father's Day is out of the way, it's time we have a "get real" moment. Though we all love our family, let's face it; we love them even more when they're silent. Perhaps this is why paella was invented. The gigantic, family-style served tray of rice mixed with variations of seafood, meat and veggies cleverly keeps mouths busy with more chewing and less talk about failed marriages, botched career plans and noisy biological clocks.
Located in Boca Raton, The Spaniard's Calamari and Squid Ink paella is no exception. The rich umami flavor from the squid ink combined with tender calamari, fresh peas, and red pepper, makes for a deeply satisfying comfort food. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon and a healthy dollop of piquant, breath-destroying aioli and you're set for a deliciously quiet night of quality family time. Mission accomplished.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito