20. The Irish Dip From Maguires Hill 16
Photo by Courtney Hambright
20. The Irish Dip from Maguires Hill 16
There are plenty of good reasons to visit Fort Lauderdale's Maguires Hill 16 Irish pub and eatery. Go to celebrate the day off that you scored after being excused from jury duty. Go on your lunch break to pound an Irish Car Bomb and
congratulate yourself for not calling in sick again. Go for the Irish Dip.
This simple sandwich is composed of toasted French bread stuffed with heaping piles of tender roast beef served with a side of au jus. What's the difference between the Irish Dip and a French Dip? Nothing, but the briny au jus at Maguires is positively magical. Order the dip with a shot of Jameson to numb the aching pain you'll experience as you sop up the last bit of au jus with your final crust of bread.
Follow Clean Plate Charlie on Twitter: @CleanPlateBPB.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Tropical Storm Erika: Restaurants and Bars Staying Open, Having Hurricane Parties and...
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- Pop-Up Bar at FAT Village Art Walk Serves Craft Cocktails for a Good Cause
- Florida Beer: Category 4 IPA From Due South Brewing Company