22. Bread Pudding From 3800 Ocean
We're counting down to New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012 issue in June by serving up our 100 favorite dishes. Click here for a full archive. If you have any nominations of your own, please add them to the comments or visit our Facebook page.
22. Bread Pudding from 3800 Ocean
The "collaborative kitchen" at 3800 Ocean includes the work of executive pastry chef Deana Lezcano, who, during a recent five-course tasting session with Clean Plate Charlie (read about it here), gushed about her good fortune to be able to use local ingredients in this dreamy confection.
Vanilla ice cream dissolves into a creamy pool after making contact with a sticky-sweet, warm layer of Hawaiian bananas (grown at a farm in Davie that also turns out coconuts and other tropical goods) and dense bread. The effect isn't as shockingly sweet as one would expect, the melting ice cream melding with caramelized banana in perfect harmony.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks