25. Niçoise Salad From The Foxy Brown
Photo by Eric Barton
As a countdown to the Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012, coming in June, Clean Plate Charlie is serving up a hundred of our favorite dishes in South Florida. Send your own nominations here.
No. 25. Niçoise Salad From The Foxy Brown
The niçoise salad is one of those risky orders. It can come out very French, and also be very boring. A chunk of tuna, some capers, green beans -- all looking like a sous chef got lazy. The Fox Brown offers a re-imagining that's not too far from its Parisian cousin. But here, it's dressed in a light vinaigrette, with greens on top of well seasoned potatoes. There are
fantastic olives at the bottom, then some beautiful sashimi tuna. Oh yeah, and fried green beans, adding just the right amount of fat to an otherwise healthy salad. This isn't a traditional niçoise salad; maybe that's what makes it so good.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito