40. Oxtails From Betty's Soul Food Restaurant
Oxtails: Much better than they look.
Photo by Eric Barton
As a countdown to the Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012, coming in June, Clean Plate Charlie is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in South Florida. Send your own nominations here.
Oxtails sound a whole lot more exotic than they are. They sound like some test of a foodie, of someone who eats entrails and eyeballs in a quest for the weird. Oxtails are not that. Especially at Betty's, where they're simply the most tender form of meat you'll find. They're also the beefiest, like the savoriness of French onion soup broth in every piece of tail. And yes, they are tail,
a few morsels of meat clinging to each piece. Betty's serves them in a
beef-laden brown gravy over rice, all that goodness oozing into the
grains. If it makes you feel more adventurous, feel free to brag to
friends about your oxtail addition. But really, everybody ought to be
eating Betty's oxtails, in all their wonderful beefiness.
Click here for an archive of the previous 100 Favorite Dishes.
601 NW 22nd Road
Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33311-7756
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito