46. Roast Beef With Special Slaw on Multigrain From My Market
We're counting down to New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012 issue in June by serving up our top 100 favorite dishes. Click here for a full archive. If you have any nominations of your own, please add them to the comments or visit our Facebook page.
46. Roast Beef with Special Slaw on Multigrain from My Market
Even in the late afternoon, a steady stream of shoppers stops at My Market for a sandwich, a beer, and a bag of chips. Sitting at the communal tables in this little Croissant Park shop, they wait to hear their names that indicate an order is ready. Despite that chairs face each other, patrons look to the deli case, watching employees slather bread and slice meats behind the counter as if it were a riveting film.
This roast-beef sandwich is listed first and favorite: above the Italian and above the poor boy. Rare roast beef is especially delicious, but it's the guilty pleasure that makes this a go-to. Goopy mayonnaise joins Thousand Island to dress a homemade purple cabbage slaw. The veggie still has a bit of crunch, while the sauce runs like egg yolk. It's not gourmet, but it's awfully good.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Publix Offering Signature NFL Subs in Four Cities, Including South Florida
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- Boatyard — Formerly Bimini Boatyard — Hosting Job Fair September 10 to 12
- Funky Buddha Brewery's Sweet Potato Casserole Is Out Today, Morning Wood Coming Next Week