65. East Coaster Steak and Eggs From Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House
As a countdown to the Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012, coming in June, Clean Plate Charlie is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in South Florida. Send your own nominations to Melissa.McCart@BrowardPalmBeach.com.
No. 65: The East Coaster Breakfast
There are a lot of reasons the steak and eggs here are so damned good. There's the perfectly poached eggs, the thick-cut bread slathered in butter, and the side of cheese grits or crispy-as-hell potatoes. Yeah, all those things are fantastic. But this breakfast is about a hunk of beef that will mule-kick any hangover. Here, it's a baseball-cut sirloin. Not a wimpy filet or a tough-to-chew strip. A sirloin, the perfect balance between lean
and flavor, cut into a shape more akin to a filet. Order it rare and let
it bleed into the yolk from those runny eggs. Yeah. Now sop it up with
that bread. Hangover: busted.
Click here for an archive of the previous 100 Favorite Dishes.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito