67. Slim Lady Roll From Fah Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar
We're counting down to New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012 issue in June by serving up our top 100 favorite dishes. Click here for a full archive. If you have any nominations of your own, please add them to the comments, or visit our Facebook page.
67. Slim Lady Roll from Fah Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar
This fish-free roll, from the sushi counter at this well-hidden strip-mall oasis, is a great way to pack in a few helpings of your day's veggies in a beautiful little package. Snappy asparagus, cucumber, and carrot play well with the buttery texture of avocado and hearty brown rice.
Instead of nori, the ingredients -- which also include spinach and kampyo -- are wrapped in a mild sheet of bean curd. Clean-tasting, light but fulfilling, and made-to-order with fresh vegetables, this roll is head and shoulders above the cursory vegcentric offerings you'll find at most sushi joints, where plain ol' cucumber/carrot/avocado seem to be the only choices.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- The Blind Monk's Beer Academy Cicerone Jason Hunt Reveals His Favorite Beer Bars
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- South Florida Thanksgiving Eve Parties 2015: Craft Beers, Drink Specials, and Music
- Forget Your Old Stuffing Recipe, Mofongo Is Where It's at In South Florida (Recipe)