72. Orange Chocolate Rugulah From Le Vinois Bakery
We're counting down to New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012 issue in June by serving up our top 100 favorite dishes. Click here for a full archive. If you have any nominations of your own, please add them to the comments or visit our Facebook page.
72. Orange Chocolate Rugulah from Le Vinois Bakery
French baker Francis Modina, a jovial man whose breads, pizzas, and croissants are a frequent fixture at a number of farmers' markets in South Florida, has nailed the art of the rugulah (also commonly spelled rugelach).
The soft and chewy morsels are among his bestsellers, particularly the orange and chocolate variety. Apart from the high-quality ingredients, Modina's version is set apart by a generous coating of sugar on the exterior and a flaky dough that is sweet but not overly so.
The perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee, these rugulah can be found at Le Vinois Bakery, 6322 N. Powerline Road in Fort Lauderdale. Better yet, track them down at a farmers' market. The goods are available today from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Boca Raton Green Market or from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Coral Ridge Outdoor Green Market.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks