91. The Veggie Burger at Eten Food Co.
We're counting down to New Times' Best Of Broward/Palm Beach 2012 issue in June by serving up our top 100 favorite dishes. Click here for a full archive. If you have any nominations of your own, please add them to the comments or visit our Facebook page.
No. 91: Eten Food Co.'s Veggie Burger
The veggie burger is usually one of those throwaway menu items to appease the nonmeat eaters, like pasta marinara or a grilled veggie plate. At Eten Food Co., the $4.50 veggie burger is something special. It is, in fact, one of Eten's most popular items
and regularly sells out. That's surely in part because it changes daily.
The number pictured here includes the grilled veggies that were on
special today -- summer squash, green beans, carrots, and zucchini.
They're ground into almost a paste; then some chunky versions are added.
Sweet potato serves as the binder. Then it all gets lightly coated in
bread crumbs and seared. It's good enough that it's served simply, no
bun, no accompaniments aside from a fancy Thousand Island-style sauce.
Definitely not a vegetarian cop-out dish.
Click here for an archive of the previous 100 Favorite Dishes.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Saltwater Brewery Shared Unique One-Offs at Mass Confusion Fest
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Week: SunFest, Cigar City's Brewer, and Poker...
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Saltwater Brewery, Seafood Fest, and...
- Burger 21 Opens Monday in Fort Lauderdale; Free T-Shirts to First 100