A New Florida Tomato, Jose Andres' Food Truck, and Other Links
Hope your weekend was delightful. First up for this morning's links, see above for a new bar trick brought to our attention from Yardbird. Practice up for the weekend, and read on for this morning's roundup.
2. Among the disturbing weekend news, police are still searching for the gunman who shot two people at the
South Florida fairgrounds in West Palm. Saturday night around midnight, a
man shot two juveniles, prompting an hourlong lockdown to prevent
thousands of people from leaving the fair. The two victims did not
suffer life-threatening injuries. The gunman was described as a man in
black. Read more about it here.
3. Jose Andres told Eater.com he's
debuting not one but two food trucks, one in D.C. and its twin in
Miami. The plan is for Pepe the food truck to serve sandwiches the chef
grew up with. Designed by Philippe Starck -- designer of the Delano
Hotel and the Bazaar at SLS Beverly Hills, among other properties -- the truck will be based out of SLS Hotel South Beach.
4. A winter Florida tomato worth celebrating: it's the Tasti-Lee, a beefsteak beauty developed at the University of Florida.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Sneak Peek: Restaurants You'll Encounter at New Times' Pairings 2015
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Night + Day: Eight Things to Do This Week in Broward and Palm Beach
- Steve Martorano on Cafe Martorano Changes: "The Floor Alone Will Be Spectacular"