All You Can Eat at Rocco's; Sushi House Twilight Menu; Table 42 "Love at First Slice"
• Taco Tuesdays have arrived with force at Rocco's Tacos in Boca Raton and West Palm Beach. That's when you can dig into the restaurant's All-You-Can-Eat taco offer. For $14.99 per person, comers can dish on Rocco's signature chicken, pork, steak, beef, shrimp, or mahi tacos, each outfitted with all the fixin's. The rub: The tacos come three at a time, max, and there's no sharing. Since a platter of two tacos with rice and beans at Rocco's costs ten to 12 bucks (ouch),
$15 isn't a bad deal, comparatively.
Update: Excuse us, we misspoke. We spotted the following line of type on a new flyer from Rocco's advertising the event: "Any uneaten tacos will be charged to the guest in addition to the $14.99."
Just so we're clear, Rocco's: You're going to charge people $14.99 for all-you-can-eat tacos, and then charge them even more if they fail to eat what they order? That's ridiculous.
We're sorry, Charlie readers. That's just not a deal we can get behind. We apologize for recommending this mess in the first place.
Update to the update: Apparently, the whole thing was a joke.
• It's tough to find restaurants that are open late, especially if you cut out fast food. But North Miami's Sushi House serves its take on Japanese until 2 a.m. every day. Now, Sushi House is offering a twilight menu. After 11:30 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 10:30 p.m. every other night, Sushi House will offer a special menu of entrées, appetizers, and sushi dishes at big discounts (vary by the plate). To go with that, guests will get a complimentary hot sake with each dinner order. Beats the hell out of Taco Bell. Call 305-947-6002.
• Table 42 in Boca Raton is getting in on the summer savings. Every Monday, the redone coal-oven pizza restaurant is offering a "Love at First Slice" special. Get a coal oven Brooklyn pie with fresh mozzarella and San Marzano tomatoes, a house salad, or pasta with your choice of sauce for only $7 with the purchase of a beverage. And on Monday, June 21, you'll even get a free glass of house red or white wine to go with your meal. Call 561-826-2625.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Taste Haitian Home Cooking at Piman Cafe in Fort Lauderdale
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- Myschyf Hemp Liqueur Is Not Marijuana, but It's Straight Out of Florida
- The First Beers Brewed by 12 of South Florida's Best Breweries