American Social Celebrates American Craft Beer Week: Breckenridge Tap Takeover Tonight
It's American Craft Beer Week's hump day, so where are you going after work to celebrate? How about a place that boasts nearly 50 different beers on draft, some good eats...and lets you play bartender?
We're talking American Social's tap wall and tap tables. It's kind of like those frozen yogurt places where you can make your own dessert....only with beer!
Read Also: Top Ten Beer Selections in South Florida
American Social co-owner Paul Greenberg told Clean Plate Charlie that the tap tables, containing a "lazy Susan"draft system which offers four different beers, are imports from Ireland (and they know their pubs). The beers rotate on a regular basis, but generally expect your tap table to have a lager, an IPA, a pale ale, and one other selection -- something for everyone at the table. The beer is measured, and you pay as you drink. Pretty cool, no?
"Everyone wants to be a bartender," said Greenberg. Besides, what's better than having a wall or table of instant choices before you?
How about a few beers from Breckenridge Brewery never before available in Florida! The Breckenridge tap takeover starts tonight at 7 p.m. with your chance to grab some swag and try some new brews and favorites like:
- 471 Small Batch Double IPA
- 72 Imperial Small Batch Chocolate Cream Stout
- Oak Aged Pandoras Bock (a spring seasonal bock-style aged in whiskey barrels)
- Buddhas Hand (Witbier brewed in the Belgian tradition with an American twist)
- Vanilla Porter
- Avalanche Ale
Coincidentally, it's also Ladies Night, with free champagne and half-priced drinks for the fair sex from 7 p.m. - close, and there's a Heat watch party. Looks like you have plans for tonight, after all.
Follow @ CleanPlateBPB
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Win Free Chick-fil-A for a Year at Deerfield Beach Location's Grand Opening September 9
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Indian Cuisine, Late Nights, and...
- Florida Beer: Trapeze Monk Belgian Style Wit From Big Top Brewing Company