Ann Romney Shops at Costco: Feeds Family for Under Five Bucks Each (Pictures)
Ann Romney was on Rachael Ray yesterday to talk about her husband Mitt, her battles with multiple sclerosis and breast cancer, and her addiction.....to Costco.
- Politics Meet Food Trucks at Lynn University Debate
- Mitt Romney Eats Healthy at BurgerFi in Delray Beach
- Political Pumpkins for a Scary Presidential Campaign
Yes. Costco. The would-be first lady shops with the 47 percenters for frozen foods, produce in bulk, and raspberries (which serve as a healthy snack for the ride home). After all, Romney explains, she has ax extended family of 30 to feed and Costco offers cheap, healthy food for her gigantic brood.
In a taped segment, Ann Romney takes us shopping and
shares her tips for a successful Costco experience. First, grab a cart and
head to the back of the store, working your way to the checkout. Work
the perimeter of the aisles, where the fresh produce can be found. And
always pick up your rotisserie chicken last so you don't heat everything else in your cart.
Romney showed Rachael Ray her Costco receipt, totaling $137.50. "That's $4.50 per person," Ray exclaims.
Ann Romney's really got it bad for this Costco character. In an interview on Fox, she again brings up the store. Ever wonder where Mitt gets those snazzy plaid shirts to go with his "mom" jeans? Costco:
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito