Aran Goyoaga of Cannelle et Vanille: Seven Questions for the Food Blogger / Stylist
Pastry chef Aran Goyoaga has
become the blogosphere's IT girl during the last two years for her food blog, Cannelle
Et Vanille (Cinnamon and Vanilla).
northern Spain, you might imagine Goyoaga living as an ex-pat in scenic California or upstate New York.
has been Palm Beach
County. Aran made time
for a quick interview to review her favorite South Florida
restaurants, and to tell us where she gets her organic eggs.
1. What was on your holiday menu this year?
Our Christmas menu consisted of
butternut squash and leek soup as a starter. Then, a lobster, avocado and
fingerling potato salad. For the entrée, we had beef tenderloin, sautéed
broccoli rabe and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. For dessert, chocolate crème brulee
2. Where do you shop for food?
I really like
4. What's the biggest thing you miss, food-wise, about living in South Florida
as opposed to Spain?
It's funny because even though we live right next to the ocean, I find it
very difficult to have access to great fish here. In the Basque Country, we
have amazing fish and shellfish and that's probably what I miss the most.
5. What's the best thing, food-wise about South Florida?
Having strawberries and tomatoes in the winter!
6. What dishes will your kids always eat?
My kids love the lentil soups I make with chorizo and kale. Also, my arroz
7. What are your favorite food blogs?
Real Butter and Gluten Free Girl.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Burger Deals, Tap Takeovers, and...
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- NFL 2015: Five South Florida Breweries Perfect For Football Season
- August 2015 Broward and Palm Beach Restaurant Openings and Closings