Bakon Vodka Comes to Florida!
Consider yourself a meat and potatoes kind of guy (or gal)? Well, then you might want to consider indulging in Bakon Vodka; a superior quality potato vodka that has been perfectly enhanced with the delicious taste of peppered bacon!
This may not be your typical fruity spirit, but before your quick to judge, consider this:
The first of its kind, Stefan Schachtell along with his two friends Sven Liden and Chris Marshall, started making their own bacon infused vodka back in 2008. Once the trio perfected the savory infusion, they tested their luck at parties - well the unique concoction was a hit, people loved it!
Upon a trial run of 130 cases, supplies sold out in less than a month. The very same week that Bakon Vodka hit the shelves, the three partners were asked to make an appearence on the Tonight Show.
Since then, Bakon Vodka has been invited on other shows such as the Conan O'Brien show and has gained attention from magazines including Maxim and InStyle.
Bakon Vodka has gained a reputation for complimenting the ultimate Bloody Mary, although mixologists have prepared other combinations such as the Bakon Chocolate Martini - a pleasant balance of slightly salty and sweet.
Additionally, Bakon Vodka is a great option if your looking to spice things up in the kitchen, penne alla vodka anyone?!
Bakon Vodka will be available throughout Florida starting this coming week. Total Wine will be a carrier in addition to other fine liquor stores.
Here are a few of popular recipes to consider!
• 1½ oz. Bakon Vodka in a pint glass filled with ice.
• Fill glass with tomato juice
• 1 dash each of celery salt and ground black pepper
• 2-4 dashes each of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco
• 1/8 tsp. horseradish Shake and pour into a salt rimmed pint glass.
Garnish with a celery stalk and your favorite pickled vegetables
• 1 part Bakon Vodka
• 1 part chocolate liqueur
• A splash of cream Combine in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice.
Strain and pour into a sugar-rimmed martini glass.
• 1 ½ oz Bakon Vodka
• ¼ oz Frangelico
• ¼ oz Navan Vanilla
• ¼ oz Grand Marnier
• Dash of orange bitters Chill and serve in a martini glass.
Garnish orange twist.
Created by Justin Freet at Liberty bar in Seattle, WA.
Looking for a challenge? Try making your own bacon-infused liquor! It's perfect for Bloody Marys.
For other ideas and recipes, visit the official Bakon Vodka website.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito