Baseball and Brews: Beer Sampling and Game at Roger Dean Stadium Saturday
What's a George Steinbrenner without a Billy Martin or a Tom Glavin without A Greg Maddux? Probably like a baseball game without beer.
You can assure a happy marriage of the two Saturday night at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, when Baseball and Brews comes to the same field that hosts the popular Field of Beers.
This time, it's a sample-fest - taste 20 beers from a group of 30 craft brews, and stay for a Minor League game - all for one $20 ticket.
Hopheads can choose 20 tastes from the following craft brews on tap:
- Shipyard Export Ale
- Shipyard Summer Ale
- Sea Dog Raspberry Wheat
- Shipyard Fuggles IPA
- Shipyard Old Thumper
- Avery IPA
- Avery White Rascal
- Blue Point Summer Ale
- Red Brick Laughing Skull Ale
- Thomas Creek Class 5 IPA
- Shiner Bock
- Shiner Hefeweizen
- Shiner Ruby Red Bird
- Native Lager The Eleven Brown Ale
- Monk in the Trunk
- Oskar Blues Dale's Pale Ale
- Oskar Blues Old Chub
- Summit Extra Pale Ale
- Summit Horizon Red
- Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale
- Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
- Magic Hat #9
- Magic Hat Single Chair Ale
- Magic Hat Wacko
- Magic Hat Blind Faith
- Stoudt's Hefer in Wheat
Gates open at 5:30 p.m. for the fest. Attendees get a checklist for the beers. It's followed by the game at 6:35 between the baby Marlins - the Jupiter Hammerheads (17-30) - and the Pittsburgh Pirates' Bradenton Mauraders (28-18).
Craft beer will be sold at the concession stand, in case all that sampling makes you thirsty. Food, too.
Tickets, available only to those 21 and over, are available through Ticketmaster, or at Roger Dean Stadium. Call (561) 630-1828, or go to rogerdeanstadium.com for more info.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito