Boston Beer Company's Amber Beckwith to Host Craft Beer Tasting Dinner at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Pizza and beer: It's a staple among college students, bachelors, bachelorettes, and finicky eaters. Now you can relive the glory days tomorrow evening with a pizza and Samuel Adams craft beer tasting dinner at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza.
The dinner Wednesday, September 11, at 8 p.m. at Anthony's Pompano Beach, located at 1203 S. Federal Highway. Special guest Amber Beckwith from the Boston Beer Company will host the event. The cost: $30. Guests must RSVP by calling the restaurant at 954-942-5550.
Beer pairing dinners are certainly no rarity on the local scene these days. But with the proliferation and popularity of more local breweries, like Funky Buddha, Mack House, and even Cigar City, it's not too often you see big craft beer players like Sam Adams 'round these parts anymore.
But the big boys have not forgotten about us down here on the peninsula, and for local craft beer aficionados, this is a chance to compare the local scene to what's playing on the national stage.
Each course will be paired with Sam Adams brew, of course. The special Craft Beer Tasting Dinner includes:
- Ruby Mild paired with Fresh Mozzarella & Tomato Salad and Anthony's Classic Italian Salad
- Hazel Brown paired with Meatballs with Ricotta Cheese and Pork Ribs and Vinegar Peppers
- Latitude 48 IPA paired with Coal Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
- Oktoberfest paired with Traditional Cheese, Cauliflower and Fresh Mozzarella Sliced Tomato and Basil "Well Done" pizzas
Anthony's is known for baking its pizza over anthracite, which is said to be the cleanest of coals, producing zero smoke at high heat and imparting unique flavor to the pizza. Anthony's may be known as "Italian Soul Food," and while that's true, pizza and beer is generally food for the soul.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Taste Haitian Home Cooking at Piman Cafe in Fort Lauderdale
Sat., Dec. 12, 7:30pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 1:00pm
Sun., Dec. 13, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 8:00pm
- Myschyf Hemp Liqueur Is Not Marijuana, but It's Straight Out of Florida
- The First Beers Brewed by 12 of South Florida's Best Breweries