Chef Michael Bennett and wife serve up dishes at the Kampong in Coconut Grove
|Chef Michael Bennett and wife serve up dishes at the Kampong in Coconut Grove|
Bimini Boatyard's Chef Michael Bennett has a joy for both cooking and life.
Clean Plate Charlie is happy to share Chef Michael's Caribbean-inspired take on the classic Korean kimchi.
• 12 oz. Green mango
• 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
• 4 oz. Red onion, julienne
• 2 oz. Red bell pepper, julienne
• 1 oz. Garlic, sliced thinly
• 3 oz. Carrot, julienne
• 2 oz. Pineapple, julienne
• 3 tbs. Cilantro, chopped
• 1 oz. Sriracha sauce, or more if you like
• 1 oz. Sesame oil
• 2 oz. Salt
• 1 oz. Ginger, crushed finely
• 4 oz. Scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
Place all veggies in a large bowl and toss roughly.
Shake in the salt and drizzle with the sriracha sauce and oil.
Toss Roughly again.
Place in the refrigerator for three days, Tossing the ingredients once a day.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Remove the slaw/salad and drain well.
Use on plates as garnish or as a spicy Salad accompaniment.