Caribbean Kimchi: A Recipe From Bimini Boatyard's Chef Michael Bennett
|Chef Michael Bennett and wife serve up dishes at the Kampong in Coconut Grove|
Bimini Boatyard's Chef Michael Bennett has a joy for both cooking and life.
Clean Plate Charlie is happy to share Chef Michael's Caribbean-inspired take on the classic Korean kimchi.
• 12 oz. Green mango
• 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
• 4 oz. Red onion, julienne
• 2 oz. Red bell pepper, julienne
• 1 oz. Garlic, sliced thinly
• 3 oz. Carrot, julienne
• 2 oz. Pineapple, julienne
• 3 tbs. Cilantro, chopped
• 1 oz. Sriracha sauce, or more if you like
• 1 oz. Sesame oil
• 2 oz. Salt
• 1 oz. Ginger, crushed finely
• 4 oz. Scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
Place all veggies in a large bowl and toss roughly.
Shake in the salt and drizzle with the sriracha sauce and oil.
Toss Roughly again.
Place in the refrigerator for three days, Tossing the ingredients once a day.
Remove the slaw/salad and drain well.
Use on plates as garnish or as a spicy Salad accompaniment.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito