Caribbean Kimchi: A Recipe From Bimini Boatyard's Chef Michael Bennett
|Chef Michael Bennett and wife serve up dishes at the Kampong in Coconut Grove|
Bimini Boatyard's Chef Michael Bennett has a joy for both cooking and life.
Clean Plate Charlie is happy to share Chef Michael's Caribbean-inspired take on the classic Korean kimchi.
• 12 oz. Green mango
• 1 head napa cabbage, shredded
• 4 oz. Red onion, julienne
• 2 oz. Red bell pepper, julienne
• 1 oz. Garlic, sliced thinly
• 3 oz. Carrot, julienne
• 2 oz. Pineapple, julienne
• 3 tbs. Cilantro, chopped
• 1 oz. Sriracha sauce, or more if you like
• 1 oz. Sesame oil
• 2 oz. Salt
• 1 oz. Ginger, crushed finely
• 4 oz. Scallions, sliced thinly on a bias
Place all veggies in a large bowl and toss roughly.
Shake in the salt and drizzle with the sriracha sauce and oil.
Toss Roughly again.
Place in the refrigerator for three days, Tossing the ingredients once a day.
Remove the slaw/salad and drain well.
Use on plates as garnish or as a spicy Salad accompaniment.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: Beer Releases, Wine Dinners, and More
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Restaurants React to Banning of Alcohol Sales Past 2 a.m. in Fort Lauderdale
- The Regional Kitchen & Public House to Open With Chef Lindsay Autry