Celebrate International Waffle Day on Friday, March 25
Waffles: the breakfast cake so nice, we get to celebrate it twice. Lightly fried sugar dough covered in various incarnations of sugar? This sort of start-of-the-day confection deserves to be honored at every opportunity, starting with International Waffle Day this Friday (not to be confused with National Waffle Day, which falls on August 24). Really, every day could be Waffle Day and that would be just fine.
In honor of the quasiholiday, suggested recipes include homemade double chocolate waffles or cinnamon Belgian waffles. If you're feeling lazy, here are some spots in Broward and Palm Beach to celebrate International Waffle Day:
- Ellie's 50's Diner, 2410 N. Federal Highway, Delray Beach - Belgian waffles in a retro setting.
- Flakowitz Bagel Inn, 2410 N. Federal Highway, Boca Raton. Or try the Boynton Beach location at 7410 Boynton Beach Blvd.
- Saquella Cafe, 410 Via De Palmas, Boca Raton - Belgian or blueberry waffles available.
- Sundy House, 106 S. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach - Head here for Sunday brunch (better celebrating late than never).
- Waffle House - Multiple locations in the region, including: 4689 SW 148th Ave., Southwest Ranches; 2580 Davie Road, Fort Lauderdale; 4840 Powerline Road, Fort Lauderdale.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Night + Day: Nine Best Things to Do in Broward and Palm Beach This Week
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Brgr Stop in Coconut Creek Serves Childhood Favorites, All Grown-Up
- Barrel of Monks Brews Up Pink Beer for Breast Cancer Awareness Month