Char Hut Giving Away Free Fries for National Potato Day
Potatoes are under-appreciated, in our opinion.
The precursor to great food items like French fries, mashed potatoes, gnocchi, latkes, pierogi, and so many others it's hard to count, the humble root is one of the most versatile and comforting -- no matter one's ethnic background.
Like every other dish and ingredient known to man, the potato is about to see its big day. National potato day is coming up and Char Hut is giving away free fries to celebrate.
On Tuesday, August 19, the burger chain is giving away the goods for the day. For the first time ever, it's offering free fries to celebrate National Potato Day.
Each guest who walks through the door can choose from one of the five fry options at the restaurant, including, natural cut fries, cheese fries, messy fries topped with chili and cheese, sweet potato fries with marshmallow drizzle, and baked sweet potato (you know, for those healthy folks).
The eateries just got on board with the big food holidays this year. To benefit The Pap Corps Champions for Cancer Research, it donated a percentage of each hot dog sold to honor national hot dog month in July.
"In the future, we intend to honor National Potato Day mostly because potatoes are the second most popular menu side item in the USA," says Char Hut C.O.O. Tony Cammisa. "We thought this would be a fun way of showcasing them all."
The promo is being offered at the three Broward locations of the eatery including:
• Char-Hut Pines Store- 12221 Taft Street in Pembroke Pines. Call 954-438-1954
• Char-Hut 84 Store in Davie- 9000 West State Road 84 in Davie. Call 954-474-9312
• Char-Hut Tamarac Store- 10000 West McNab Road in Tamarac. Call 954-720-5566
Follow Sara Ventiera on Twitter, @saraventiera.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- South Florida Native Ben Etheridge Making Small Batch Black Coral Rum in Riviera Beach
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
Tue., March 22, 8 p.m.
- Florida Beer: B. Rabbit Espresso Stout From Copperpoint Brewing Company
- South Florida Food and Drink Events This Weekend: Funky Buddha, Wine and Food Fest,...