Christmas 2012 in a Restaurant: Fort Lauderdale, Broward Restaurants Open on Christmas
Do piles of dirty dishes and being stuck in the kitchen for a good chunk of the day top your holiday wish list? No? Pass the buck by springing for Christmas dinner (or brunch) in a restaurant. Whether you're visiting from out of town and staying in hotel, don't celebrate Christmas, or are simply not in the mood to cook, there are several restaurants in Fort Lauderdale and Broward that will be open on Christmas day. Reservations are highly recommended for any holiday meal. Don't be a Scrooge; an extra generous tip for your server is a great way to earn bonus points with Santa.
- Coco Asian Bistro & Bar, 1841 Cordova Road in the Harbor Shops, Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-525-3541.
This recently remodeled Asian restaurant is offering a three-course prix fixe holiday menu, price dependent on entree choice. Choose one appetizer; fried soft shell crab served over a Caesar salad, Coco's chicken salad, Coco's crab cake, sweet dream roll, tom sab soup, or pumpkin soup. Next, select an entree; Alaskan king crab ($89), tamarind sea bass ($69), Thai beef basil ($69), or barbecue baby back ribs ($59). Finally, pick one dessert, pumpkin custard served on a slice of fresh pumpkin, housemade chocolate mousse, or brownies served with fresh sliced strawberries drizzled with lemon sauce. When you order from the menu, receive a split of Pommery Champagne. The restaurant is open 4 to 10:30 p.m. Christmas day.
- RA Sushi, 201 SW 145th Terrace, Pembroke Pines. Call 954-342-5454.
The sushi joint will offer happy hour pricing from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the bar. The menu includes more than 35 appetizers, sushi, and drinks, priced from $2.25 to $7.25.
- Briny Riverfront Bar and Restaurant, 305 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-376-4742.
Dig into a traditional Christmas dinner with roast turkey or baked ham with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies from noon to 10 p.m. The cost is $15 per person.
-Market 17, 1850 SE 17th St., Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-835-5507.
Get farm-to-table fare for Christmas dinner. They'll be open from 4 to 9 p.m. on Christmas day.
-China Grill, 1881 SE 17th St. Causeway, Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-759-9950.
The restaurant will offer Christmas specials in addition to their regular menu. The restaurant will be open from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Buca di Beppo, 3355 S. University Drive, Davie. Call 954-577-3287.
This family-friendly Italian restaurant will be open for dine-in or take-out starting at 11 a.m. on Christmas day.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House, 2525 N. Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-565-2338.
Get Christmas specialties or order from the regular menu from 4 to 8:30 p.m. on Christmas day.
- Spazio Fine Italian Cuisine, 239 S. Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-764-8191.
Santa will stop by Spazio for brunch on the beach between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Christmas day. Get complimentary family photos with Santa and grab-bags for kids. The restaurant is offering half-priced breakfast and lunch for kids ages 12 years or younger. There will be two-for-one bloody Marys, champagne mimosas, and spiked apple cider cocktails for the grownups.
- da Campo Osteria, 3333 NE 32nd St. in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-226-5002.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, da Campo will serve their standard a la carte menu in addition to Christmas specials.
- Thasos Greek Taverna, 3330 E. Oakland Park Blvd., in Fort Lauderdale. Call 954-200-6006.
Thasos will be open during regular hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and offering their regular dinner menu. Dinner service starts at 5 p.m.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- LauderAle Celebrated One-Year Anniversary With New Brews (Photos)
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Week: National Lasagna Day, Food Trucks,...
- Savor Our City Expands Culinary Food Tours Into Wilton Manors