Cookbook Author at Cheese Course, Todd English All the Time, Mad December Openings
Run! He's everywhere!
• A new book In a Cheesemaker's Kitchen by Allison Hooper takes cheesy tales from chefs like Eric Ripert and Mireille Guiliano and gives them room to breathe. Why? Because almost everyone has a personal story about the funky stuff. Hooper, founder of Vermont Butter and Cheese Co., will be in-store this Friday at Cheese Course locations in Weston and Miami. She'll sign her book, talk cheese with fellow cheeseheads (not the Wisconsin variety), and offer samples of VB&C's catalog. The Weston signing starts at noon; Hooper moves to Miami at 6 p.m. Call 954-384-8183 for more info.
• After a brutal summer and fall, restaurants are opening in South
Florida faster than a window at an all-you-can-eat Mexican buffet. In
Boca, Wild Olives and Rocco's Tacos both debuted in Town Center this
week, and Gary Rack's Table 42 took over where his floundering Coal
Mine Pizza used to be in Royal Palm Place near Mizner. But there's also
Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain's barbecue palace, which opens
officially tomorrow. B.B. King's Blues Club will prop open its doors
next Friday in CityPlace. In Delray Beach, Surf Sliders is set
to open any day now, and Mark Militello's the Office is coming on the
26th. People, get your jaws ready. This could be a bumpy ride.
Who will be at this year's incarnation? Why, Todd English, of course!
English, whose brands have been spreading through South Florida so
quickly that the CDC is threatening to dub him TEN1, will be at the Casino
this Thursday night offering interviews and carousing with fans. Of
course, there will also be an overflowing assortment of edible sweets,
including a flambe station, chocolate fountain, nitrogren ice cream,
and so much more. Rocco DiSpirito will follow English on December 19,
and Art "Mr. Food" Ginsburg will show up on the 24th. Tickets to Sweet
Dreams cost $20, and the events start at 6 p.m. Call 954-977-6700.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Want to Own a Mobile Pig-Roasting Franchise? PigOut Catering Now Expanding to South...
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Florida Beer: St. Peter’s Saison de Banc Vert From Green Bench Brewing
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Tap Takeover, Pop-Up Dinner, and $3 Drinks