Crepemaker Closed Over Roach Infestation
It's a fact of living in Florida: Roaches are everywhere. But none of us really wants to know about it. Especially not when it comes to where we eat.
Well, last week, roaches struck a little closer to home -- at the Coconut Creek Promenade, to be exact. Chain restaurant Crepemaker, located between MAMA Noodle and Muffuletta's Sicilian Sandwich Shop, was closed by health inspectors from the Florida Department of Business and Regulation for "roach activity."
- 12 to 15 live roaches in a cabinet by the front counter used for storage of clean bowls.
- Two live roaches running around on the front counter by the soup steamer.
- Eight to 13 live roaches observed on the floor in the rear kitchen, under the refrigerator.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Last Chance to Save on New Times' Beerfest: The Full List of Brewerys
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Tue., Dec. 15, 7:00pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Beerfest, Trader Joe's, and...
- Florida Beer: Hard Cider From Cigar City Cider and Mead