Das Dog in Jupiter to Host a Canned Beer Pairing
Beer is finally starting to earn some real respect, no longer having to always play second fiddle to its "more refined" rival, wine. So now that craft beer is enjoying a renaissance in the United States (and yes, even here in South Florida), it's time to work on the image problem that continues to be associated with beer in a can, despite the growing canned beer trend.
Canned beer goes beyond the oversized containers of Pabst so commonly favored by hipsters who can't let go of the postpostpostirony era. In fact, honest-to-goodness craft beers are appearing more and more in this shatter-proof, beach-friendly packaging much to the joy of people who consume things in an earnest fashion. Poolside beer hounds, rejoice!
A canned-beer tasting event to be held Thursday, March 22, at Das Dog,
1203 Town Center Drive, in Jupiter will showcase the diversity of brews
available by the can. The "Baseball Pairing" matches four canned brews
with four mini dogs from Das Dog's menu. The pairings, after the jump:
- Oskar Blues Brewery's G'Knight (imperial red/double IPA with 8.7% ABV from Colorado) paired with the Das Picnic (pulled pork, slaw, barbecue sauce, shredded cheese)
- Narragansett Lager (5% ABV from Rochester, New York) paired with Das Chicago (tomato, onions, peppers, green relish, pickle, celery salt, mustard, on a poppy seed bun)
- Avery Brewing's Ellie's Brown Ale (American brown ale with 5.5% ABV from Boulder, Colorado) paired with Das Chili (beef chili and cheese)
- Shiner Bock (4.4% ABV from Shiner, Texas) paired with Das Reuben (sauerkraut, Swiss cheese)
The pairing is $20 per person and seats are limited. Call 561-222-4674 to reserve a spot. The event starts at 7 p.m. Fear not, March Madness fans. Das Dogs will broadcast tournament games during the tasting.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- No More Pizza: Pizzeria Oceano Becomes Jerk Oceano in Lantana
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Thu., Feb. 25, 7:00pm
Sun., Feb. 28, 6:00pm
- Florida Beer: Route 90 Rye Pale Ale From Engine 15 Brewing Company
- Fourth-Annual All-You-Can-Eat Boca Burger Battle Returns to Sanborn Square