Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
A pork sandwich from Rock 'N' Roll Ribs, reviewed this week in Dish.
This week on the blog:
- Make your own corn tortillas at home with Maseca Corn Masa.
- Our new columnist Patty Canedo has another edition of Half Baked.
- We start off this week's 100 Favorite Dishes with sliders from Zed451.
- Charlie cooks a feast using dried Mexican chilies. Part one teaches you how to prepare your chilies as powder or puree. Part two turns them into chili con carne. Part three uses the peppers to make barbecued pork al pastor.
- Chicken Parmesan -- a great Valentine's Day dish.
- Our Dish review this week is on Rock 'N' Roll Ribs in Coral Springs.
- Love Bites sinks its teeth into Texas De Brazil.
- A close up look at candy shop To The Moon Marketplace in Wilton Manors.
- We interview Wild Olives' Chef Jamie Pruitt.
- Where are you going to take your date on Valentine's Day? Check out our guide of special Valentine's menus at local restaurants.
- Our Beer of the Week: Terrapin Hopsecutioner.
- The Meatist skewers the gastropub concept, and offers some great burger ideas.
- We ask our readers: What's the best pizza in South Florida?
Last minute candy ideas for your sweetheart.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.