Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
This week on the blog:
- Here's a frozen treat from Steak 954 to kick start your summer.
- Palm Beach Cafe goes under the knife to get some work done.
- How do you make bacon better? Fry it!
- Check out the nifty Burger Battle trophy. But who will win it tonight?
- Mobile food truck Latin Burger gives us the recipe for their Macho meat sandwich.
- Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain held a tour launch party at his restaurant Rock 'N' Roll Ribs. Here's the scoop.
- Chef Dean Max of 3030 Ocean gives us a killer recipe for Florida sweet corn, in season now.
- Serious 'cue fans will love the Caribbean-Southern collision at Sheila's Famous BBQ, Conch, & More, reviewed this week.
- Think you could be a chocolate mogul? Test out your skills with Chocomize.
- Banh Mi and boba smoothies are on the lunch menu at L.E. Tapioca in Hollywood.
- Which store-bought tortilla chips are your favorite?
- Oprah's favorite vegan chef wants to cook you a meal at Sublime.
- If you want a cheap wine that will pair well with barbecue, look no further than this malbec.
- The Readers have spoken: Here are your pics for Best Of 2010.
- Happy hour is in session at Grand Lux Cafe.
- Turns out recently shut down Bova Prime was ground zero in the Ponzi meltdown.
- Big Bear's got a new beer on tap, and it's ridiculously good.
- Take Dad out on Fathers' Day at these South Florida restaurants.
- Cigar City IPA is on tap at Dania Jai Alai, and it's just $2 a pint.
- Orange Vodka from the Sunshine State, and it's freshman free.
- Two words: Free donuts.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- How to Judge a Homebrew Competition: Inside Tips on What the Judges Are Really Looking For
Sat., Sep. 19, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
- Two& Celebrates the Start of Its Second Year: “Have a Beer and Talk to Us About Bikes”
- Tap 42 Hosts #SaveUber Party Thursday as Ridesharing Service Comes to an End in Broward