Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
Well gawsh darn. This week was a great one on Clean Plate Charlie. We shared laughs. We shed tears. We ate a lot of food. Check out what you missed below.
- Morton cooks for who? Oh, for us.
- "Mi amore, take me to El Zocalo!"
- My trip to Key West yields three great restaurants with their doors still open, even in slow-as-molasses September.
- In this week's Love Bites, Riki wonders if a hot-shot doctor is out of her league. To that I say, "Impossible!"
- I gotta be honest, folks: Brett just hasn't been the same after eating that heaping spoonful of mango kuchela. Is it normal for a human to pant?
- Next time you're drunk and stumbling around Fort Lauderdale at night, looking for a piece of pie, check out these two pizza joints.
- Candy is dandy, but bourbon barrel aged liquor is sooo much quicker.
- "I'm gonna give you to the count of five, before I pump your ugly, yella, no good guts full for sausage," says the Meatist.
- New Times' Pairings was actually a totally successful food smorgasbord, and we're not just saying that.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.