Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
Well gawsh darn. This week was a great one on Clean Plate Charlie. We shared laughs. We shed tears. We ate a lot of food. Check out what you missed below.
- Morton cooks for who? Oh, for us.
- "Mi amore, take me to El Zocalo!"
- My trip to Key West yields three great restaurants with their doors still open, even in slow-as-molasses September.
- In this week's Love Bites, Riki wonders if a hot-shot doctor is out of her league. To that I say, "Impossible!"
- I gotta be honest, folks: Brett just hasn't been the same after eating that heaping spoonful of mango kuchela. Is it normal for a human to pant?
- Next time you're drunk and stumbling around Fort Lauderdale at night, looking for a piece of pie, check out these two pizza joints.
- Candy is dandy, but bourbon barrel aged liquor is sooo much quicker.
- "I'm gonna give you to the count of five, before I pump your ugly, yella, no good guts full for sausage," says the Meatist.
- New Times' Pairings was actually a totally successful food smorgasbord, and we're not just saying that.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Bar Brawls Round Two: More Panty-Dropping, '20s Style
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Trader Joe's Davie Opens Friday, Fort Lauderdale Location Is Next
- Where (Else) to Score Pumpkin Drinks in South Florida