Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
A super perro from Los Perros in Lauderhill.
This week on the blog:
- Here's a sauvignon blanc that actually lives up to the name.
- Tired of brownies? (Are you crazy?) Then try its little sister, the blondie.
- We kicked off our 100 favorite dishes of Broward-Palm Beach this week, which will run every day until our 2010 Best Of comes out. Anthony's Coal Fired fills the debut slot.
- Spinach frittata is a fancy brunch made easy.
- Colombian hot dogs invade Broward. Get ready to eat!
- We asked you the readers where to find South Florida's best hamburger.
- Buffets and orgies have so much in common, especially at Shinju in Davie.
- We go behind the line with the Executive Chef at the Four Seasons, Darryl Moiles.
- Big City Dogs moves into the suburbs. South Florida sure is a sprawl.
- Grease them wheels at Brews and Blues every Friday at Whole Foods Coral Springs.
- 32 East's Nick Morfogen talks Slow Food and going Greek.
- Methinks I see a barleywine that needs drinking.
- Ever had a Midwest pork tenderloin sandwich? You can get one at Roosters in Margate.
- I've never heard a more interesting -- or disgusting -- lobster story than the one in this week's the Meatist.
- Three things to do with an avocado. (Hint, they all involve eating.)
- Tell us what is the best restaurant in Broward, readers.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.