Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
Our deep fried chicken wings are perfect Super Bowl fare.
This week on the blog:
- We kicked off our next batch of 100 Favorite Dishes with the awesome pink vanilla cupcakes from Delray's House of Sweets. There were plenty more favorites this week, as well.
- Anyone can make great homemade mac' and cheese. Just follow these steps.
- Where will you party for the Super Bowl? Check out our ever-updating list of bars and restaurants where you can watch the Big Game.
- The secret to crisp, perfect French fries comes in two parts: The first covers soaking and prepping, the second covers the two-step frying process.
- A new pizzeria debuts on Palm Beach Island with a World Pizza Championship contestant as chef.
- In Dish, we took a look at two Mediterranean eateries, Anatolia in Boca and Al Bawadi in Plantation.
- Apparently, the fairer sex flocks to YOLO and Tramonti for drinks and much more.
- To prep you for the Super Bowl, Charlie runs down how to fry the perfect chicken wing.
- We go behind the line with Steak 954's executive chef Jason Smith.
- The po-boys at the French Quarter need some work, but the feel is right on.
- The Meatist tackles wiener schnitzel and lives to tell the tale.
- Lots of restaurants are opening or slated to open in the next few weeks. Check em out here.
- What should I do with these dried chiles I bought? Help me out, readers.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.