Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
"Grown-up" tater tots from The Office in Delray Beach are topped with bacon crumbles and creme fraiche. Read our first impressions of the joint here.
This week on the blog:
- We show you how to recreate La Cigale's char-grilled artichokes.
- Patty Canedo gets physical with a box of lobsters in Half Baked.
- This week's 100 Favorite Dishes continues with the stuffed poblanos at Fort Lauderdale's Canyon.
- National chain Target puts the kibosh on farm-raised salmon. The retailer will now only sell environmentally-friendly, wild-caught salmon.
- Boynton's Rib Bizz moves to Boca Raton.
- Even a dummy could make this fab, cold-weather jambalaya.
- Our review of Todd English's Wild Olives is up this week, and again the service is a key problem.
- The Farmer's Market in Lake Worth is ready to harvest.
- Love Bites brings the lovin' mobile to Little Moir's Food Shack in Jupiter.
- 100% organic, grass-fed, free-range burgers are the rage at Elevation Burger, coming soon to Coral Springs.
- We give our first impressions of Mark Militello and David Manero's gastropub, The Office, in Delray Beach.
- Looking to go to the South Beach Wine & Food fest, but still haven't purchased your ticket? Try these events, which still have seats available.
- Our Beer of the Week is a bottle-conditioned brew by Dogfish Head called Squall IPA.
- The new Sicilian Oven hits the ground running in Coral Springs.
- Oxtail, a chef's best friend -- and best kept secret.
- The James Beard Awards semifinalists have been announced, and South Florida has a few shows.
- Boca's new Customs House already cut ties with Hell's Kitchen alum, Ralph Pagano. A name change is in the works, too.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Tropical Storm Erika: Restaurants and Bars Staying Open, Having Hurricane Parties and...
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 1, 7:00pm
- Pop-Up Bar at FAT Village Art Walk Serves Craft Cocktails for a Good Cause
- Florida Beer: Category 4 IPA From Due South Brewing Company