Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
A lomo saltado sandwich from this week's Behind the Line slideshow of Bravo Gourmet Sandwich Shop.
This week on the blog:
- A fish wagon-turned-shack makes the best burger in Key West.
- You say banana, I say banana pancakes.
- We roll through six more of our 100 Favorite Dishes this week, starting with these amazing cannolis from Mona Lisa in Deerfield.
- The Beer-Offs are returning to Whole Foods in February. Reserve your spot pronto!
- Surf Sliders -- which oddly serves no sliders -- is set to open in Delray.
- Our review this week is on Corner Cafe and Brewery in Tequesta. This is a must visit, folks.
- We go behind the line and deliver a slideshow at Bravo Gourmet Sandwich Shop in Wilton Manors.
- The way to a man is through his beer according to this week's Love Bites.
- In the wake of the tragedy in Haiti we interview Haitian-born chef Ron Duprat of Bravo's Top Chef.
- There are a ton of food-related events on the horizon. Check out our list here.
- The guy behind the upcoming Jupiter Craft Brewers Festival, Fran Andrewlevich, talks to us about what to expect at this year's two-day event.
- Our Beer of the Week is an old-fashioned Tadcaster ale from Samuel Smith.
- The Meatist delivers the goods on bacon.
- Coconut cellophane? Sounds like Riki's eating Coconut Crisp Balls.
- Start the day right with our top five breakfast foods you're probably not eating.
- We turn to readers again to find out what is the best restaurant in Palm Beach County.
- Keep abreast of what restaurants are offering on Valentine's day with our ever-updating guide.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Night + Day: Eight Things to Do This Week in Broward and Palm Beach
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- Steve Martorano on Cafe Martorano Changes: "The Floor Alone Will Be Spectacular"
- PETA's Ingrid Newkirk on Why Sublime is the Number One Celebrity Vegan Dining Spot in...