Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
So good, you'll want to lick the plate.
Photo by kris.jankiewicz.
Here's what you missed this week on Charlie:
- Check it out: Brett Gillin delights in finding out what beverage bartenders hate to make, then masochistically tortures them by having them make it. Turns out, suffering tastes delightful.
- Local chef Ron Duprat barely escapes the boot on Top Chef Las Vegas. Next week: he serves ice cream to eskimos.
- A couple more restaurants close up shop, and South Florida edges one step closer towards a Mad Max-style, post-apocolyptic wasteland.
- MIchael Vick did some disgusting things to dogs; whatever you do, don't look in the mirror.
- Can Can dancers and truffles on everything? Vive la France!
- The title sounds like a set up for an off color joke, but Riki Altman's Love Bites is an entertaining read.
- Some of the best pizza in Broward is made with wood, not coal.
- Two subs enter. One sub prevails.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.