Doggie Bag: This Week in Charlie
Say... that's not the real Johnny V!
This week on the blog:
- A Haitian Top Chef partners with Whole Foods to cook for his homeland.
- Hurricane Grill and Wings debuts its newest store in Boca Raton.
- OG American restaurateur Fred Harvey gets profiled in a new book, examined in this segment from NPR.
- Our 100 Favorite Dishes this week include swordfish carpaccio, bacon-covered donuts, and Trinidadian street food.
- In our full review of Cafe Sharaku in Fort Lauderdale, we discover chef Iowa Kaita's French-Japanese fusion has improved over the years.
- Move over Whole Foods, there's a new green market in town.
- Cheap wine that does not suck: Bicyclette Rose!
- Is Johnny V pitching food for Long John Silvers?
- These everyday foods may seem normal to Americans, but to an outside they might be considered disgusting.
- Homemade blueberry muffins even a bake-a-phobe can make.
- Looking for a good happy hour? Try the Cheesecake Factory.
- Cafe Boulud's ex-sommelier has started up her own wine business called Pour Sip Savor.
- Seasonal brews are arriving in droves. This week, try Dogfish Head Aprihop.
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo next Wednesday at any of these South Florida restaurants.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Find out about upcoming events and special offers happening in the South Florida dining scene.