Doggy Bag: This Week in Charlie
Huge week on the blog:
- Ceviche is easy and tasty with Whole Foods' new MSC-Certified swordfish.
- Part 2 of our interview with this season's Top Chef front-runner, Kenny Gilbert.
- Pompano steak house and cabaret NY Strip shuts its doors.
- Johnny V's casual eatery Smith & Jones closed for good, and the fallout has been pretty electric.
- We give this veggie sausage and these real-meat hot dogs a taste test.
- Grab a cheap lunch at Cielito Lindo.
- Our Beer of the Week is Stone Smoked Porter.
- We interviewed chef Michelle Bernstein of Michy's and MB's at the Omphoy. (Part 1)(Part 2)(Part 3)
- Charlie gets a taste of healthy eating with wild Alaskan salmon burgers.
- The Great American Beer Festival is right around the corner; check out what these local breweries are bringing to the table.
- In Dish this week: a full review on Via Luna in the Ritz Carlton.
- Users chime in on what makes up their ideal hamburger.
- It's super hot out, but here are five restaurants serving spicy food to beat the Summer heat.
- Brown raisin bread in a can? You're kidding!
- Want to know what the worst beer in America is? Click here.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Pembroke Pines' Aisha Thalia a Finalist in PETA's Sexiest Vegan Next Door Contest
- Florida Beer: Swamp Ape Double Black IPA From Florida Beer Company
- South Florida's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: Beach Pawty, Delish 2015, Happy...
- Ben & Jerry's to Launch Beer With New Belgium and the Ice Cream BRRR-ito