Doggy Bag: This Week in Charlie
The Colorado National Monument in Grand Junction, Colorado.
It's been one helluva week on the blog:
- Fort Lauderdale's own taste of Boston, Kelly's Landing turns 23. Or is that two?
- New River Pizza makes its pie the new old-fashioned way, which is to say coal-free.
- Key to winning over an in-law's heart? Brined pork.
- A sushi restaurant in Mizner Park serves bad fusion. But a host of similar-sounding commenters think we gave it a bad rap.
- Our dish review of the week is on hidden gem Usmania Pakistani Restaurant, open in Plantation.
- Riki shuttles the Love Train up to Canyon in Fort Lauderdale. Coincidentally, I spent last week inside of actual canyons.
- Brain curry, it turns out, is totally safe to eat. So, like, yeah. Get to it, people.
- Zagat unveils its South Florida edition and proves that all anyone really wants out of life is a cuddly blanket of meat.
- Sweet Dreams in the Seminole Coconut Creek Casino started this week -- Rocco DiSpirito of TV's The Restaurant will show up next Saturday.
- Our beer of the week is very difficult to get in Florida -- may I suggest special-ordering it.
- The Meatist suggests mixing pig and fowl for optimal results.
- Mmmm... pork skin attached.
- When it comes to tomatoes, the only name you should know is San Marzano.
- Gulfstream Park is blowing up, yo. In February, that is.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to South Florida dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Win Free Chick-fil-A for a Year at Deerfield Beach Location's Grand Opening September 9
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
Tue., Jan. 19, 5:30pm
- South Florida Food & Drink Events This Weekend: Indian Cuisine, Late Nights, and...
- Florida Beer: Trapeze Monk Belgian Style Wit From Big Top Brewing Company