Doggy Bag: This Week in Charlie
Elevation's organic burgers are good, but do they top Five Guys?
This week on the blog:
- If Cab is King, Five Rivers Central Coast Cabernet Sauvignon is a prince.
- This week's installment of 100 Favorite Dishes takes us to Tom Jenkins' BBQ in Fort Lauderdale, Talia's Table in Boca, and more.
- A recap of last weekend's Beerfest reveals five key festival-going lessons.
- If you're looking for Old Florida-style seafood, Seafood World in Lighthouse Point delivers.
- We don a gold chain to review Guido-fied Italian eatery, SoLita Restaurant and Ultra Lounge.
- Making an Arepa is so easy, even a caveman can do it.
- Get busy with blossoms... squash blossoms, that is.
- There's a new farmers' market in Fort Lauderdale, the Riverwalk Urban Market.
- Which serves a better fast-food burger? Five Guys or Elevation?
- DeLand ain't no Arcadia -- it's a little slice of rural foodie heaven.
- Know a chef with a sweet tat? Tell 'em to visit this post so we can photograph 'em.
- Our beer of the week is Meantime IPA, a throwback to the old British India Pale Ale.
- Learn more about local happy hours in our new weekly post. Here's a bit about BRIO's.
- Take mom out to eat at these Mother's Day restaurants.
- Sheila's Famous BBQ, Conch and More is taking over Lake Worth.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.